Benzodiazepines are very effective and very addictive. They should never be taken without prescription and should be used with caution when prescribed. The potential for abuse has turned Benzos into very popular and into a high demand street drug. Legitimate users of this prescription drug are urged to keep the medication in a safe place.
Its also important to understand that this class of drugs includes a wide variety and is used by prescription to treat many different symptoms. Even though there are plenty of restrictions being imposed on the prescription of Benzodiazepines, abuse is still a danger. The legal and medical world still has some catching up to do when it comes to safeguarded such addictive medications.
Benzos, or Benzodiazepines are a class of drugs that are used to treat symptoms of panic, anxiety and various pains and muscle spasms. A short list of examples of Benzos include:
List of Benzos (Benzodiazepines)Drugs:
Are Benzos Detectable in Urine?
Because of the growth in prescription drug addiction, detection of Benzodiazepines has become standard in drug testing. Usually, included in a standard 7 panel plus drug test. Benzodiazepines detection is now included as an add-on to all tests from 4 panel up. Chances are every urine test will check for Benzos, unless otherwise noted.
How long are Benzos Detectable?
The length of detectable Benzos in your system is still under debate do to the many factor that can affect detox times. Benzodiazepines is highly addictive and because of this, anyone who is being tested has usually used a Benzo for an extended amount of time. Please consider these factors into your detox times. [sociallocker]
- One Time Use of any Benzo can be cleared out of your system within 2 to 3 days
- Regular use, for an extended period of time can stay in your system for up to a month after the last use.
- High Dose use for a period of less than a month can be detectable for up to a month
If you are attempting to quit Benzos and need to pass a drug test, Detox drinks can be used to temporarily get Benzos out of your system. These detoxes work within a hour and usually only last for up to 2 to 3 hours. After that period of time, detection may be once again possible.
How to Naturally clean Benzos from Your System
If you are trying to clear your system of Benzodiazepines and are not under the time constraints of a drug test, you can do a natural detox. This is without the use of any products. This should help you recover from mild addiction and speed up the process. It’s important to understand that the dependence on Benzodiazepines can still take months to overcome. This is due to the effects that Benzos have on the brain’s chemistry.
Natural Detox Tips:
- Stay Hydrated – By constantly renewing body fluids you can assist in eliminating toxins.
- Sweat – Go to the sauna, jog or engage in any physical activities.
- Eat Healthy – By limiting the amount of additional toxins you take in, your can help your body recover.
- Fasting – Fasting has numerous health benefits. By allowing your system to take a break from digesting, it can work on natural detox and healing.
- Sleep – Insomnia is one of the many symptoms associated with Benzo withdrawal. By taking time to rest you can slowly get back into a regular sleep cycle.
Researching the detox times for Benzos will produce a lot of conflicting data. It important to note that a one time user will test clean in a few day, while with regular users times may vary greatly. If you’re under the time constraints of a pending drug test, a reliable Detox Drink would be the safest bet.